Dr. Shaikat Gupta the best onco surgeon in kolkata is an outstanding performer throughout his career.
MBBS (University Gold Medalist), MS, FRCSEd
Head of the Dept. of Surgical Oncology, Apollo Gleneagles Cancer Hospital, Kolkata.
Chief Resident Surgeon, Dept of Surgical Oncology.
Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India.
* University topper in MBBS 1992
* University second in MS exam
* Best thesis prize in MS
* University first in Surgery in MBBS 1992
* Honours in Surgery, Gynae- Obs, Pharma
* Numerous college prizes and medals
* Sir Frank Connor Memorial Award in Surgery
* Sir Girish Chandra Ghosh Silver Casket in Pathology
* Royal Society of Medicine
* Association of Surgeons of India
* Indian Association of Surgical Oncology
* Indian Society of Oncology
* An avid reader and traveLler. Gymming, swimming, tennis and a wildlife enthusiast
* 16.09.2007 – SASISCME at Calcutta national Medical College – Lecture on “Surgical decision making in pancreatic head masses”./p>
* 22.09.2007 – Indian Association of Surgical Oncology – National Conference at Ludhiana – Detroit presentation on “ Incidence of node positive disease in clinically and radiologically node negative necks in 33 consecutive parients of DTC “.
* 29.09.2007 – AROI Eastern zonal conference at Agartala – Oration on “ Overview of upper GI cancer surgery”.
* 27.09.2007 – AGHL CME – overview of surgery in head and neck cancers
* Ca colon – B P Poddar Hospital Seminar
* 25.11.2007 – Invited talk on “ Decision making in pancreatic cancer” to Patna Association of Oncologists.
* 29.11.2007 – Invited lecture on Ca Galbladder at CCWH, Thakurpukur.
* 2008 - Delivered the highly prestigious ‘ Rashmoni Mukherjee Memorial Oration’ to association of Otorhinolaryngologists of India on “ Management of thyroid cancers”.
* 2009 – Delivered the annual oration to the Indian Cancer Society on “ Surgical management of hepatopancreatobiliary cancers”
* 2010- Delivered the annual oncology update lecture to the Indian chapter of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of England on “ Surgical management of ovarian cancers”.
* 07.08.2011 - Invited lecture on 'infections in oncology' at Kualalumpur, Malaysia.
* 23.09.2011 - Invited lecture on ‘One Day Cancer Awareness programme' at NHAK Kohima, Nagaland.
Dr. Shaikat Gupta has specialization in the fields of